Guidelines for KCSTI
- Project staff members expect participants to display courtesy and professional behavior toward their peers, the faculty, the staff, and others at all times. Problems which cannot be resolved through discussions with students and/or their parents may result in dismissal from the Institute.
- Attendance at all program activities is mandatory. Only excused absences will be accepted. Parents must report illness, injury, etc. to project staff to be excused from the program.
- Students may not leave the daily program without the escort of an KCSTI staff member.
- Parents/guardians needing to pick up their young people at any time during the day should notify project staff.
- Students are completely responsible for all personal items, including cash.
- Students with vehicles are expected to keep the vehicles parked in the designated parking lot during the KCSTI.
Personal Items & Dress Code
Personal Items You Will Need
- Book bag/carry-all
- Comfortable clothing
- Walking shoes
* All medication must be accompanied by a signed letter from an attending physician explaining dosage and any relevant instructions for institute staff.
Dress Code for Daily Activities
Extremely short or miniskirts are not acceptable.
All tops must cover entire torso; no crop tops or spaghetti-straps.
Comfortable walking shoes; no flip-flops or heels greater than one inch. (During the KCSTI there are many field trips and tours that require closed toed shoes)
All shorts/pants must fit to the waistline with belts. Shorts/pants falling below the waistline are not acceptable.
All tops must cover entire torso; no crop tops or mesh tanks.
Comfortable walking shoes; no flip-flops. (During the KCSTI there are many field trips and tours that require closed toed shoes)
Cell Phones & Electronic Devices
We request that Games, Radios, CD/DVD Players, Video Games NOT be brought to the KCSTI. Cell phones may be used ONLY during break time and lunch. If these rules are not respected, items will be held by staff and returned at the end of the day.